Elementary School Educators
connect2engineering is a new initiative that began in the summer of 2010. Our goal is to help area K-12 teachers create opportunities for their students to learn about the different facets of engineering. Through connections to professional engineers in the area to providing a comprehensive list of events related to engineering, connect2engineering hopes to serve as a resource for teachers.
Websites for Teachers - Science and Engineering
- Science NetLinks: resources for K-12 science educators - great internet experiences
- eGFI: created by the American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) to promote and enhance efforts to improve K-12 STEM and engineering education.
- Includes lesson plans, outreach programs, class activities, resources
- NASA: resources for K-4 educators - "teaching from space"
- You For Youth STEM: courses and design modules
- S.P.A.R.K. (Starter Programs for the Advancement of Robotics Knowledge)
Fun Websites for Engineering
- Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Education: A Teacher Resource Guide for Design and Technology in Grades K-5
- National Geographic Kids
- Brain Pop
- PBS Kids
- A Sightseer's Guide to Engineering
- Time to Invent Club
Websites especially for girls
WANTED: Engineer Volunteers
We're seeking engineers to inspire K-12 students to consider a career in engineering. Volunteers can connect with students and teachers in a variety of ways.
Do you have an engineering-related event to share?
connect2engineering is compiling area activities and events that help students, teachers and parents learn more about the exciting field of engineering. Check back often for new additions to the listing.