connect2engineering has been developed by a coalition of representatives of engineering companies, non-profit organizations and educational institutions in the Midwest (currently in Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas) to help develop students’ interest in engineering careers and opportunities.
We are excited to launch this website and initiative, connect2engineering, as a comprehensive resource designed especially for students, parents, and K-12 teachers.
- For students and teachers, we can help you find engineering professionals, faculty and current students to work with to find out more about the different engineering fields. We’ll also keep you up-to-date on events related to engineering, scholarship opportunities, engineering activities, career guidance, and other information in our area.
- For companies and organizations seeking to encourage more interest in engineering or become involved in our outreach efforts, we’re here to consolidate the multitude of offerings in the area and provide additional exposure for you.
connect2engineering has been created by a coalition of volunteers from corporations, organizations, and educational institutions primarily in Nebraska, Iowa and Kansas. We are excited to work together to bring engineering professionals and resources to students and teachers in the area to help them learn more about engineering.
Current members include:
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Duchesne Academy
- Lewis Central High School
- Lothrop Magnet Center
- Marian High School
- Mercy High School
- Omaha Benson High School
- Omaha Central High School
- Omaha North High School
- Omaha Public Schools
- Omaha South High School
- Papillion-La Vista High School
- St. Peter Claver
- Thomas Jefferson High School
- Westside Middle School
- Creighton University (Energy Technology)
- Iowa State University (College of Engineering)
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln (College of Engineering and The Durham School)
- National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) – Jr. Chapter (Omaha North High Magnet School)
- Society of American Military Engineers - Omaha Post
- UNO Mexican American Engineers & Scientists/Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers – student chapter (affiliated with UNL College of Engineering)
- Johnson Controls, Inc. (Kansas City)
- Kiewit Building Group (Omaha)
- Omaha Public Power District (OPPD)
As a connect2engineering coalition member, we offer several opportunities for organizations and schools to provide information on events, scholarships, and other important information concerning engineering. Forms are provided for submitting information on our Get Involved! page.
For corporations interested in becoming sponsors, connect2engineering is pending 501c3 designation.
WANTED: Engineer Volunteers
We're seeking engineers to inspire K-12 students to consider a career in engineering. Volunteers can connect with students and teachers in a variety of ways.
Do you have an engineering-related event to share?
connect2engineering is compiling area activities and events that help students, teachers and parents learn more about the exciting field of engineering. Check back often for new additions to the listing.